Terms and conditions for phone consultations
These Terms & Conditions govern the use of the and by your use of the Carol's Canine Training & Behavior Counseling, LLC (The Service), you agree to these terms. Carol's Canine Training & Behavior Counseling, LLC reserves the right to modify these terms at any time without prior notice.
The Services are offering telephone access to Carol Sumbry, certified dog trainer/certified behavior consultant representing CAROL'S Canine Training and Behavior Counseling, LLC. All training methods utilize force free, science based methods.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- More severe behavior issues may require the referral of in home consultations with a certified professional in your area.
- Veterinary advice is not able to be provided by CAROL'S Canine Training & Behavior Counseling, LLC and medical or veterinary advice should be directed to a licensed veterinarian.
- Because we are working with behavior in dogs that can be the result of many factors including life experiences, genetics, socialization as young as 5 weeks and even prenatal environment, we can not "guarantee" how a dog will respond even with training and behavior plans. See factors influencing success below:* Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CAROL'S CANINE TRAINING & BEHAVIOR COUNSELING, LLC MAKES NO EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES PROVIDED. CAROL'S CANINE TRAINING &
BEHAVIOR COUNSELING, LLC AND ITS LICENSED TRAINERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGMENT, WITH
REGARD TO THE SERVICE. CAROL'S CANINE TRAINING & BEHAVIOR COUNSELING, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY THE SERVICES
WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. CAROL'S CANINE TRAINING & BEHAVIOR
COUNSELING, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THE SITE OR WITH THE SERVICES, OR THAT ANY
ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL CAROL'S CANINE TRAINING & BEHAVIOR COUNSELING, LLC OR ITS LICENSED TRAINERSE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF (1) THE USE OF OR
INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SERVICES, OR THE CONTENT, (2) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE SITE; (3) ANY CLAIM
ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT, (4) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION
OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, OR (5) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE, THE SERVICES, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF CAROL'S CANINE TRAINING &
DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, CAROL'S CANINE TRAINING & BEHAVIOR COUNSELING, LLC'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THIS SITE, SERVICE OR CONTENT BETWEEN
CAROL'S CANINE TRAINING & BEHAVIOR COUNSELING, LLC AND YOURSELF OR AS TO THE CONSTRUCTION, INTERPRETATION AND EFFECT OF THIS AGREEMENT
SHALL BE SETTLED BY ARBITRATION HELD IN WAUKESHA, WI PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. Dated: December 2018
*Factors influencing success:
- Compliance and commitment to training/behavior modification. There is no quick fix for aggressive behavior. Also behavior modification in humans and dogs takes time. Think about weight loss and smoking in humans. Most behavior problems didn't start overnight and they won't be improved overnight either.
- Consistency. Owners who use a mix of "whatever works" never achieve true change. Punishment one day and reinforcement the next is only going to confuse the dog. Consistency is a must.
- The age of onset. If the onset is early, there can be an increased likelihood that the problem involves a genetic component. If the onset is during a sensitive stage of development (including prenatal, fear periods or socialization periods), there can be additional challenges.
- The duration of the behavior. The longer the behavior is entrenched, the more difficult it may be to modify/change.
- The predictability of behavior. The less predictable the behavior or triggers, the more challenging to modify/change.
- The pattern of response to behavior modification initially may indicate how successful the plan will be in the long run.
- The lifestyle must be compatible with management. If a dog with stranger-directed aggression lives in a busy household with many guests coming and going, the prognosis for success is lower than for the same dog living in a quiet household with few visitors. The ability to prevent problems and manage triggers while going through the training process is critical to success.
- The goals and expectations. Unfortunately, many owners expect training to change their dog completely, expect a "cure" and or set a deadline for the dog to meet. Behavior modification takes times and each dog and situation is unique.